NEP is focused on reducing the environmental impact from new development being constructed within the Niseko area (primarily – Kutchan, Niseko, Rankoshi areas)
Working closely with the community, local councils, NPB, developers and other key partners. We aim to create a strategy the will maintain Niseko’s unique beauty, protect and increase habitat, promote the health and well-being of its residents, guests, animals and eco systems.
This area of NEP aims to covers a full range of environmental issues from ecologists reports to waste management.
Environmental areas included:
- C02 emission arising from existing and future developments
- C02 emission arising from the construction and increased traffic from developments
- Habitat protection and land contamination issues
- Wildlife protection (including all forms from plants to frogs to bears)
- Health and Well-being for the community and guest
- Other forms of pollution (noise, light etc…)
- Feel and place – keeping Niseko Beautiful. (genius loci)
- Intelligent and sustainable design principles
We hope to promote that one day Niseko can be the most sustainable resort in Japan – Leading the way in green tourism and being a great example for the rest of Japan.
If you would like to understand how NEP is getting on in this area please visit our Facebook page.
To see what we are working on and notes from the latest meetings check out the Development Meeting Document on the Facebook Group.
If you would like to get in touch or get involved please contact us or better still join one of our development meetings.